Thursday 27 October 2011

Abandoned - Forest bashthrough

Today was a trip to multiple stops: Neo Tiew and Istana Woodneuk. Considering the remoteness of these places, careful planning has to be done to ensure the fastest and safest route.

Arrival at Neo Tiew at 8+ in the the morning. Greeting me is a small town that looked much bigger after stepping in. No sign of any massive human activity apart from a contractor carrying out some works nearby alone, and thereafter, leaving the premises, with the whole town to myself.

2 hours exploration and I have then completed exploring nearly every nook and cranny that's worth shooting.

Stopover for brunch at Subway, followed by the next mission to where I had not been able to find Istana Woodneuk for sometime. The right moment came and I decided it's time to go in.

Rainstorm greeted me as I bashed through the forest with my gear man-packed, and after about 10mins of forest navigation without any visible paths, I had come to a hill and there it was. Standing on a hill, carrying its lost glory, while grounds are severely pooled with water in the overgrown weeded-vegetation.

A small group of people were also inside the building when I arrived. Big halls, once grand stairways greeted me when I reached the ground floor.

It took me several rounds before I had complete coverage of the place, before another couple who came, after the sun had emerged from the clouds.

What a beautiful sight despite its ruins.

Mission accomplished. I had covered 2 places within a day and while another place was noticed in Cluny Road, will leave this to another time.

Sent via my BlackBerry

0 comments:

Post a Comment