Sunday 10 October 2010

Abandoned Places: Old French Embassy

An unexpected harvest today as I was actually on the hunt for Istana Woodneuk, which was known to be along Tyersall Aveneue.

Making a couple of rounds finally brought me to a building that is perched on top of a hill.  "I've found you" was what came to my mind at that moment.

I had parked my car elsewhere to prevent getting attention for a singular car that was parked by the winding road among those good class bungalows.  Here I am, after a distance by foot, I had reached the foot of the building.

The place was totally uninhabited, with overgrowing plants on the stairway, gaps of buildling and one look of the building, could tell it was made of wood.  A room that was dark brings about the sound of a fan - that sounded like there was a running computer within one of the rooms.  No matter.  Keep moving.

The latrine that looked older than my parents had stood there with a broken door, overgrown plants and an open roof.  Even the covered walkway from main building to the rear building, that looked like the kitchen, was also torn from the erosion over the years.

Intially, there was an uneasy feeling as it's the first time venturing to such a building, but after awhile of warming up with the solitude, the mind is open and I able to venture through those rooms freely.  Wooden planked stairs appeared sturdy with each step but the main door was locked.  In respect of the place, I won't open any unopened doors as they may be too poor a state.

After a good visual harvest of the place, I had made my way off, leaving memories of the place and thinking how it used to function in it's glorious days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment