Saturday 7 April 2012

A fruitful yet challenging Good Friday

It has been awhile since I wrote here but since I had a twist of adventure today, this is one of those best times to write.

1st visit the last of the Macdonalds in East Coast Park, but conditions does not permit me to carry out a full scale shoot so the "wait and see" game commences to see if there is a better time.  Weather had been a little showery but that's not an issue.

Destination 2; a place that I saw a friend do which is a little off the normal track.  It took me awhile before I found this place.  Still standing, its decay brings back memories of its past glory.  However, the location is pretty near some rich-and-powerful's residences where human activity could be seen.  Hence, I decided today's a no-go here.

I have to bring something back today.

One more attempt in the west before hitting Lim Chu Kang, I chanced upon the Kranji State Cemetary which took me a while to get back into the right route after missing a turn.  I've finally found a place where I can settle down for some real work.

The first sight of the place brings about a moment of solitude, respect and a certain aura of peace.  It was a place that the local media company has done some filming at.  Lined across the well-maintained lawn are tombstones of many soldiers who have died in glory to set our country free.  Occasional light drizzles makes one feel that even the nature is paying their respect to these heros.

I carried out my work and wrapped up near the cemetery office where a caretaker lives with his guard dog who barked endlessly at my presence.

Nevertheless, the work here is done and soon, I made my way off.


0 comments:

Post a Comment